Deaf Heritage Festival!
Saturday, May 1, 2010 will be a special day! Please join us for the first-ever Louisiana Deaf Heritage Festival, here on our campus. This will be a day filled with fun activities for all!
The day will begin with the LSD Foundation's annual Dash for Deaf Kids. Participation in the Dash is separate from participation in the Festival. For more information about the Dash, click here.
The Festival activities will take place from 10:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. and will be located primarily around the LSD Auditorium, Student Center and Physical Education Complex. Admission is $5 per person and covers all Festival rides, games and entertainment. Food and beverage tickets will be available for sale as well.
Some highlights of the day include:
- Performances by a Deaf magician, a Deaf mime and by LSD Talent Show winners
- Volleyball games in the Physical Education complex (teams of staff, students, alumni, etc.)
- History of LSD Media Presentation
- Tours of the LSD Archives
- Booths, games, prizes
- Spacewalks and other fun activities for children
- Jambalaya, pizza, nachos and more
For an informational flyer about the Festival, click here.
If you wish to reserve a table at the Festival, click here for the form. (If you wish to sell craft items or advertise a business or service - $20 fee per table)
If you would like to form or join a team to play volleyball at the Festival, click here for the registration form.
Please come out and join the fun!