In an attempt to make the tedious process of filling out forms a little easier for you, the LSDVI Registration Packet and the LHSAA forms (for student athletes) have been converted to a PDF document with fillable form fields. A paper copy of these documents has been sent to you via regular postal mail, but you now have the option of a simpler computer-assisted method to help with the required paperwork.
You may handle the process of submitting your forms either way: you may fill the papers out by hand, OR you may download the packet, fill out the forms, and print them. No matter which method you choose, please be sure to add all signatures in all necessary places. Once the signatures have been added, please mail or fax all completed forms to the LSDVI Admissions Office by Friday, June 1, 2012.
The packet of paper documents that was mailed to your home includes a self-addressed stamped envelope for you to return completed forms to the Admissions Office. The mailing address is:
LSDVI Admissions Office
Post Office Box 3074
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-3074
If you prefer, you may fax the completed forms to: (225) 757-3313.
To take advantage of the extra convenience provided by the PDF document option, please read the detailed instructions below.
INSTRUCTIONS for using PDF option for Registration Forms:
- Make sure Adobe Reader is installed on your computer. This free software can be downloaded at: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Download the PDF documents and save them on your computer:
- When you open these documents, a message may pop up informing you that you will not be able to save changes you make to the forms. This is correct; unless you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat, you will only be able to fill out the forms and print them. The free Adobe Reader enables you to add information and print, but not to save your changes.
- Fill out the forms using your computer. Simply click in the fields and type your information, or click a check box to select it. The first page of the Registration Packet asks for information that is requested multiple times throughout the packet. Information added on this page will automatically fill the identical fields throughout the rest of the packet and you will not have to enter it multiple times. (This will save you time!)
- When you have gone through the entire document and entered all of the information, print the documents. REMEMBER, you will not be able to save your changes! Do not close the file before you have printed all of the pages!
- Sign the forms in all places requiring a signature. Students 18 and older must also sign in several places.
- Bring medical forms to the doctor's office for signatures.
- When all forms have been completed and signed, mail/fax them to LSDVI Admissions (see address and fax information above).
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the LSDVI Admissions Office: (voice) 888-769-8111, extension 307 or 225-757-3307; (videophone) 866-262-0021. You may also e-mail Kathleen Carr, LSDVI Admissions Coordinator, at email@example.com.